market-farming - [Market-farming] tomato stakes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "" <herbthyme AT simcon.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] tomato stakes
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 08:01:42 -0400

Hello,

It seems I got carried away ordering tomato seeds and now realize that I do
not have enough tomato stakes. I would appreciate a few names and numbers to
call around for them.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Hi Tom,
Why buy them? make them if you have any acraps of wood or metal laying
around your place. My man makes stakes out of any hard woods that he has in
the shop. And then when they break off at teh bottoms a few years later,
they become pepper stakes. Or use any pipe left over, that is better so you
can water and feed right down the pipe to the roots. Or buy PVC to do the
same thing...Just my thoughts!

Courtney
Herb Thyme
Middlefield, Oh