market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Cut Flowers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Mike Emers" <rosie-ck AT mosquitonet.com>
  • To: <creationsoap AT boone.net>, "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Cut Flowers
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 21:01:48 -0800

We grow a variety of sunflowers but our favorites are the pollen-free
hybrids such as the pro-cut series, superior sunset, double quick,
starburt-aura, and elite sun. We bunch them with an ornamental grass
such as Panicum violacium (red switch) or ornamental sorghums. Three
sunflowers with some grass is our biggest moneymaker at market - we get
$10 per bunch.

Mike Emers
Rosie Creek Farm
Eater, Alaska