market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Flamers vs. Hoe

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Wendy & Randy Gray <hoemangray AT earthlink.net>
  • To: 1corey AT bellsouth.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Flamers vs. Hoe
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 12:02:41 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Pam - I love having the flamer as part of my toolkit. It doesn't work on
everything, but is great to have. I have the torch, with the adjustable valve
control thing, and we don't have the backpack, just bought the weeder. We
pull it in our kid's Little Tykes wagon! It works and doesn't kill our back!
I'm tempted to put a smaller propane container in a kids backpack to see how
that works, but a 10 gallon tank won't fit. It works well on lambs quarters,
some quackgrass (not too big) and then on the roadside (where we let it
burn!) Probably, as with everything, its part of the things you need.

Good luck,
Wendy - OR Z6ish