market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Flamers vs. Hoe

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: mike steinberg <mstein AT wclynx.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, 1corey AT bellsouth.net
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Flamers vs. Hoe
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 19:18:24 -0700

We have used a backpack flamer for five years now on our carrot and beat rows. Works very well as long as you flame them about two days before they pop up. Use a 10' square of glass on each planting to estimate germination rate. Flamer will not work well on pigweed unless you get it when it just emerges.