market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Re: organic fertilizers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Re: organic fertilizers
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:38:42 -0500

If it is synthetic, you can't use it - 10-10-10 is a typical formulation for
chemical fertilizer. I have never seen an organic fertilizer with numbers
that high (although I have not seen all brands). More typical would be
3-4-3.

And, remember that unless you are under the $5000 in sales ceiling, you
can't call it organic unless you are certified. We tell people we use
organic growing methods, but we do not label our produce as organic - either
in talking about it, or in writing.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm