market-farming - [Market-farming] blackberry bushes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "mtlivestock" <crublee AT libby.org>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] blackberry bushes
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:27:17 -0700

Margaret,

If you have good farm insurance, you may want to contact a local 4H or
horticultural club. They may want enough to make those paths for you in
exchange for the plants they dig! Kids are always looking to make a few
dollars. Why not a berry patch in their yard?

I certainly miss the patches I grew up around. I am glad you are finding
ways to care for them and not just eradicate them or allow them to die of
disease.

I have heard the patches that supported our large family all winter are now
mowed or died from disease/misuse. A definite loss IMHO for future
generations. It was one of the few FUN things we did in those days as a
family. Sorry to see other families not enjoying those old patches.

Christina