market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] mid atlantic blackberry, blueberry, raspberry bushes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] mid atlantic blackberry, blueberry, raspberry bushes
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 09:48:17 -0500

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 21:23:40 -0500, you wrote:

>does anyone have a good source within reasonably cheap shipping distance?

I've done very well with blackberries and blueberries from
Miller Nurseries. They are located in Skaneateles, NY - the
Finger Lakes Region.

The raspberries they sent us were killed by being left in
the heat (it was a day in mid-May but happened to be 95 F),
packaged, in our neighbor's driveway all day as UPS
delivered them to the wrong place (not Miller's fault).
Miller replaced them, free. The replacement batch died, I
think because by then it was really too late to be planting
raspberries. Miller replaced them too (the next spring),
free. So I certainly won't complain about their service.

http://www.millernurseries.com

Nourse Farms is in Massachusetts. I haven't dealt with them
myself, but have heard good things about them.

http://www.noursefarms.com

Also, St. Lawrence Nursery (for the really cold places),
located in Potsdam, NY - I haven't dealt with them but have
heard only good things about them.

http://www.sln.potsdam.ny.us/

Edible Landscaping is in Virginia. I haven't dealt with
them, but have heard good things about them also.

http://www.eat-it.com

Pat
--
ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb, fruit and edible
flower seeds for successful container growing.