market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Garlic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Garlic
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:42:16 -0600

We also have garlic not yet planted - anyone see a recurring theme from a
"way too wet" fall? (Even the tunnels have been very very wet). We're
hoping to a dry-out/warm-up after this cold spell coming up the next few
days. And, since it's way late, we plan to mulch with spoiled hay. Our
ground rarely freezes very deep, and we figure late garlic will be better
than no garlic. Whether we sell any or not, it's important to our own
table.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm