market-farming - [Market-farming] Garlic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Old Timin'" <oldtimin AT williams-net.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Garlic
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:39:19 -0500

I also have some unplanted garlic. I have about 20# of creole burgundy that didnt get planted before the ground froze. I was planning to lay plastic over the bed and try and thaw the area but wondered if anyone had tried transplanting it. I thought I might take some regular plastic planting trays, fill them with seedling soil, plant the garlic in that, let it over winter, and then transplant in the spring as soon as the ground was workable. Any thoughts on whether this would or wouldn't work.
Kevin