market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Hard soil inside the High tunnels

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Hard soil inside the High tunnels
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:51:14 -0600

Yes, and with high tunnel technology getting "ramped-up" in the US, the
research we really need is in cover crops and other soil building. We all
know the growing part works, but those of us who are seasonal outside, need
more information on building soil when growing year-round. What crops are
best in the close confines - give us the most in the least time, and are
easy to incorporate with hand tools or small tillage (tiller).

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm