market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] QUESTION: High tunnels

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Karen Sutherland <ksutherland AT hampshire.edu>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] QUESTION: High tunnels
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 13:21:46 -0400

Hi Allan,

Thanks for responding. To answer your questions:
Maybe, to start, about 3 or 6 tunnels, each a minimum of 14 feet wide by about 20-30 feet long or longer. After we see how that works (and whether the unanticipated problems are less than the current ones and the benefits greater) we'll increase or expand (or shrink) accordingly.
We would prefer and are willing (capable is another question) to try to make own frames if the materials are available affordably here in Dominica.
Best wishes,

Karen

*Karen Sutherland **
**Roots Farm**
Organic Produce : Fruits, Roots, Vegetables & Herbs*
Cockrane, Dominica
767-449-3038
rootsfarm AT marpin.dm <mailto:rootsfarm AT marpin.dm>

Allan Balliett wrote:

Hi, Karen!

How large of an area are you hoping to cover?

How large is your budget? (I mean: are you going to buy a kit or are you willing to make your own frame?)

(Yes, you can hoop house on a slope!)

-Allan