market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Undercutting prices

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost AT gilanet.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Undercutting prices
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 21:40:48 -0600

In theory yes, but in practice every state tolerates price fixing on the
largest scale because it's so hard to prove and the largest corporations have
a lot more lawyer money than the state prosecutors. Actually what we're
talking about here is not making everybody sell a certain vegetable at the
same price. It's about price wars to drive competition out of business and
gain a monopoly - a very UN-free-market type of tactic.

paul AT largocreekfarms.com