market-farming - [Market-farming] Shade cloth

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Pat Rupiper" <arupiper AT bright.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Shade cloth
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 05:06:53 -0400

Allan, around mid September in Southern Ohio is the time I remove the shade cloth. Watch the weather, because soon it will be time to put on row cover. Quit moving the cloth around and let the product get some direct sun. I finally bought some cloth that makes a half circle over the product in my raised beds (pvc hoops). This lets in the beginning and ending of the sun light. I have been harvesting all summer.
Thank you to those who answered the spaghetti squash question, I will bring some to market Saturday. I ran off some "how to cook" sheets with recipes and will hand one out with each squash.
I am going to take in some fresh soup beans(unshelled) this week and see how they sell. I have been bringing in horticulture beans (people call them shelly beans), and they sell really fast. I have Black Turtle, Drabo (white), True Red Cranberry, and Cow Peas. Maybe they will sell in the fresh stage too. The beans sure are pretty.
Thanks again, Pat