market-farming - [Market-farming] Shade cloth

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Adriana" <gutierrez-lagatta AT charter.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Shade cloth
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 15:56:30 -0500

Allan,
You can go ahead and remove the shade cloth now. Once temperatures drop
into the 80's you are fine without it. I would guess that 40-50% should be
good for your area, given the beastly summers.

Now if somebody would tell me whether it's good or bad to leave the shade
cloth on top of my double poly greenhouse in the 80 mph sustained Ivan winds
we're expecting tomorrow, I would love to know. Ditto for sealing the
topmost vent 12' high to prevent wind from getting in...

Adriana

> And then it dawns on me: maybe I don't really need shade at all in
September.