market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: Quiet

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: Quiet
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 08:02:06 -0400

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 21:53:51 -0500, you wrote:

>The weather has sure been weird (not complaining at all) this summer.

Well, *I'm* complaining! Drowned ... my garden is drowned
by constant monsoon rains this summer.

This would be OK if we lived in Southern India (which
expects monsoons, needs them, is adapted to them). But we
live in northern Pennsylvania.

The weather has also been (from a human viewpoint)
delightfully cool. But from the viewpoint of the
heat-loving plants (tomatoes, peppers, eggplants mainly):
it's been way too cool and they have a very difficult time
ripening their fruit.

Pat
--
Coming soon: www.containerseeds.com - vegetable, herb,
and edible flower seeds especially selected for successful