market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Re: Quiet

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Re: Quiet
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 22:28:25 -0500

Hi Buck,

Today, we planted radishes, mixed lettuces, beets, turnips, spinach and
mixed greens. I want to plant kale and carrots. I think it's cool
enough that the lettuce will germinate. Should have planted turnips
July 26 or thereabouts, but forgot to. If I had planned ahead better,
it would be a good time to plant cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower
plants. A lot of stuff you would ordinarily plant in early spring can
be planted now. I'm thinking about planting some pea seed. We're in
north central MO, so you should have better luck with fall crops than we
will.

Marie in Missouri