market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Elderberries...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Elderberries...
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 21:29:52 -0400

Well, heck - my flowers have long since disappeared, and I'm harvesting away!

Wonder why mine are so early (well - it's been very dry here since June 5 - only two significant rainfalls since then), and the ones along the road are just now producing???

Probably because, like you, I've been too busy to look at the elderberries beside the road any time recently, so my report is probably actually a month out of date.

BTW - I was up at Steve Moore's farm at Sonnewald (outside of York, PA) the other day and they have consistently received 1 or more inches of rain all season. He hasn't even installed his drip this season!!

-Allan