market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Japanese Beetles and Edemame

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "David Tannen" <david AT centerville.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <1corey AT bellsouth.net>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Japanese Beetles and Edemame
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:32:20 -0500

I am very successful with this method, but you need to do it early in the
morning or late in the afternoon. The beetles are very docile and fall
right into the bucket. It helps to take a stick, bend the stem of the
soybean over the bucket and tap the stem with the stick. Tapping the leaf
works too.

David