market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Shade cloth for lettuce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Shade cloth for lettuce
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 21:36:09 -0500

> Does anyone have
> experience with buried t-tape?
Allan - most of our t-tape is buried when we lay it under black plastic and,
yes, it works well. We only lay it about two inches deep - one year it got
about 6" deep and I hated it - took way too long to water it seemed. I like
to see the drip working and with it buried I'm constantly sticking my
fingers in the planting holes. We do leave same on the surface under the
plastic.

Joan
Windwalker Farm
Ottawa, Kansas