market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: Flower pricing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <JayGee AT jghelp.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: Flower pricing
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 15:31:03 -0700 (PDT)

I may have mentioned this before, but round number
pricing is generally perceived by consumers as higher than
pricing with cents. Prices ending in 5 or 0 are perceived
as higher than those ending in 7 or 9.

Instead of pricing at $ 7.50, try $ 7.33 or $ 7.66 and see
how consumers in your market respond.

Good luck at market.

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 16:36:11 -0400, HoeManGray AT aol.com wrote:

> I too have had an interesting time at market with pricing this year.
> Initially I started by bouquets at $6 vs $5 from last year, had a few
> larger bouquets for $7.50, and had smaller flower arrangements
> in mason jars for $5. I sold the jar bouquets and very few of the
> higher priced bouquets. There is one other local grower who
> sells at higher rates and we now have two new vendors that to
> me appear to be wholesaling flowers (different subject!).
> These new vendors are making arrangments onsite and priced
> at $5, 8, 10 wrapped in white paper and plopped into small black
> vases on the ground in the sun!

jay gee
not a farmer -- but interested in farming

Free marketing aids for farmers at:
http://jghelp.com/farming