market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Picking Veggies

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Picking Veggies
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:53:09 -0400

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:00:31 -0500, you wrote:

>As I get older, I find that picking 30 or 40 300' rows of veggies gets to me
>more than it used to. I've been wondering if anyone has ever made an
>electric cart that would straddle the rows while you pick?
>
>(West Texas) Mark

This isn't electric, but would it help? I have one of
these, and it's WONDERFUL.

I use it constantly - weeding, planting seeds,
transplanting, harvesting - just about every gardening task.

http://tinyurl.com/ysdcp

You could pull a Garden-Way-type cart along behind you, as
you scooted along on the rolling garden seat.

It's very sturdy, very well-built, and will probably outlast
me by several decades.

It might not be comfortable for very tall people: my
husband is 6'2" and he doesn't find it comfortable, he says
his knees are jammed up under his chin. I'm 5'4" and it's
great for me, very comfortable.

Cheers,
Pat
--