market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Drying Cilantro

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost AT gilanet.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Drying Cilantro
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 22:10:47 -0600

"To freeze, place a small amount dry cilantro leaves in a single layer on a
cookie sheet. When frozen, gather into a zip-top bag, returning to the
freezer immediately. Use within 6 months. Do not thaw before using. Cilantro
may also be dried in the same manner as parsley, however, its flavor will be
greatly diminished. Drying is neither recommended nor worth your time."
http://homecooking.about.com/cs/herbsspices1/a/cilantro_2.htm

  " Many people grow Cilantro by reseeding it every 3 weeks or so and have a
patch growing all summer long. To harvest Cilantro, you can begin cutting as
soon as the plant is about 6" tall by removing the outer leaves and leaving
the growing point intact for the new leaves to grow from."
http://chefsgarden.com/Cilantro.htm

Good luck with it!

paul tradingpost AT gilanet.com
http://medicinehill.net