market-farming - [Market-farming] Drying Cilantro

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marienne & Jerry <marienne AT marienne.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Drying Cilantro
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 17:06:58 -0500

I got off on my timing, and all this cilantro is coming in before the basil
(the restaurants want the two together). So we cut, bundled and hung it in
the shed to dry, just because we didn't know what else to do with it and it
was going to bolt.

Is anyone else drying it?

I thought I'd try extracting essential oil out of it, too. Anyone doing that?

At least the shed sure smells good now!

Jerry Ford
Living Song
Howard Lake, MN