market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] anyone know???

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Margaret L Wilson" <booldawgs AT cavenet.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] anyone know???
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 22:05:45 -0700

Please be careful !!
I can't say about your area, but mountain lions are getting more populated
all over the country. I live in an area where there are more than a few.
They really like goats. I think because they are similar to their favorite
prey---deer. In this little valley and surrounding area they have killed
numerous goats and sheep, 2 llamas, a donkey, a couple foals and attacked
some feeder steers. They brought in hounds and hunters and shot two big
adults about a month or so ago. I have Shetland and Jacob sheep that are put
in the barn at night. I worry about my Dexter cows, especially the little
calves. The biggest danger to horses is they are so terrified they will run
right through fences. Bears scare them like that too.

A mountain lion screams like a woman in a horror movie. It will stand the
hair up on your head, lol. Seriously, they are very dangerous. I am almost
always armed and I never go out at night without either a 12 gauge short
barrel or a .357 magnum handgun and a good spotlight and a pack of (silly
pets) dogs. I shot at one out near the tree line in my back pasture in
January. I am former law enforcement and well trained with weapons.

I just watched the lady, that was attacked by a lion near LA, on Larry King
last week. Scary story!! They are all over California and I am just across
the border in SW Oregon.

Margaret