market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] anyone know???

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Liz Pike <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] anyone know???
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 09:53:17 -0400

We had a bobcat raise 3 kids (kittens?) on the guineas she ate from our farm a couple of year's ago and we are only 45 miles west of DC and currently on the edge of the rapidly growing DC suburbs. So, no doubt you could have one down there.

After she finished off the guineas you could hear here out hunting. At night she would walk up one side of our valley and then down the other yawling. Apparently, we decided, attempting to flush out ground nesting birds.

She was noisily around for 3 years but her and her children have not been heard from in a couple years. Maybe she decided your climate was better.
--