market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: Price of Gasoline

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Eastex Farms <eastexfarms AT direcway.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: Price of Gasoline
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 20:26:10 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vic & Pat Jackowsky" <3littlepigsmkt AT bellsouth.net>
To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 4:40 PM

> > Where's the lumber
> > going? CHINA. Make sense?
>
> Afghanistan. And, no it doesn't make sense to me.
>
> We recently renovated our kitchen and found the lumber used for cabinets
had
> almost doubled in cost and in short supply. The cabinet guy says it's
> because they are shipping everything to Afghanistan to rebuild the
country.
> So, if we can even find what we need we are paying through the nose for
it.

> Pat

We have been looking at building a new house, all of the contractors we
talked to would only bid the labor. And we buy the materials. One also said
the best deal right now would be to buy a house already built. He also
stated that a box of nails had gone up $12.00 a box in the last six weeks.
TexasBill