market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Price of Gasoline

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Price of Gasoline
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 15:42:24 -0400

On top of the gas, looks like STEEL has gone up about 60percent, at least in this area. T-posts are a buck (or more) more than they were last year. A length of brace wire (for remay hoops) that ran $8 last season is $14 right now.

Also, the independent sawmill that we depend on to get wood of the quality that we need for our non-toxic outdoor projects has just tole me that the logs have become more valueable than lumber and they won't be cutting any more until things change. Where's the lumber going? CHINA. Make sense?

-Allan