market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: Organic seed starter mix in Kentucky

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost AT gilanet.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: Organic seed starter mix in Kentucky
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 09:39:25 -0600

Don't try to castigate us as anti-organic. We grow organic, no chemicals, no
petroleum-based fertilizers, no pesticides of any kind. We want real organic
standards. Apparently you just aren't aware of recent rulings on non-food
items that go into food, or you probably wouldn't have such unqualified high
praise for OMRI. It appears the opposition we're getting here is from
certified organic growers who can get by with lots of chemical-based inputs
and still enjoy the higher prices of certified organic. It degrades the
market for real organic, but hey, it makes money. And of course they will
remain in denial long as they're making money and the middlemen they grow for
can claim organic. They can always depend on blind faith in government
regulation. And the influence of giant food industry public relations trying
to sell their junk as organic.

paul tradingpost AT gilanet.com

--Henry David Thoreau