market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Animal power

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mayapple Farm and Gardens <mayapplefarm AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Animal power
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 12:11:03 -0700 (PDT)

Christina, I'm using mostly human and horse power on
the vegetable crops this year. It's getting late and
I'm getting ready to cheat because one of my mares
just doesn't have the stamina she should and it's
running me way behind. I also use a BCS tiller for
final prep on small-seeded crops or others that need a
deep, fine seedbed, but only because I don't have any
other horse-drawn alternatives at them moment.

It's a great alternative, and the disagreeable odors
are intermittent instead of being constant. The more
you use them, the more economical it becomes and the
better they behave.

Good luck,
Kevin

=====