market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Flowers on Tomatoes Dropping Off

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Matt Cheselka <cheselka AT theriver.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Flowers on Tomatoes Dropping Off
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 07:17:34 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 11 May 2004, Elizabeth Knutson wrote:

> Another reason could be if the humidity is high, the pollen clumps and the
> flowers do not get pollinated.

Betsy,

Most definitely this is NOT the problem. Humidity this time of year in
southeast Arizona rarely gets above 10%!

Bill,

Thanks for the suggestions. It's possible that he's not watering enough.
Could the plants simply being in "dry air" be the cause? I've never had
this problem, but I'm asking anyhow. He also sais that the plants appear
to be healthy otherwise. I'll drop by his place and take a look, for what
it's worth.

Thanks to you both.

Matt Cheselka
Cosmic Lettuce