market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: cattle panel hoophouses

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kevin Miller" <oldtimin AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: cattle panel hoophouses
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 20:50:12 -0400

I built my greenhouse out of cattle panels. It is 12'x16'. I took 2 panels and set them up parallel to each other 12' apart with "T" posts to hold them up.I then stacked 2 more panels on top of each one and then leaned them in over each other. They overlap by about 2'. Yes that part of it was as difficult as it sounds,lol. I had to build a wooden fram for the ends that is a support for the frame and holds the door at one end and a window at the other.I put an outer layer of plastic on it. then I put an inner layer of plastic held up with cpvc pipe. Its not a work of art but I don't know of any other way to have a 12'x16' greenhouse for less than $200.God Bless,
Kevin Miller
Turnin' Back Time Farm
Zone 5 (NW Ohio)