market-farming - [Market-farming] Wild plums, grapes and dewberries!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "RLP2000" <rlp2000 AT swbell.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Wild plums, grapes and dewberries!
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:34:24 -0500

Our family recently purchased 80 acres in Navarro county (1 hr south of Dallas)  and we are about to try our hand at organic farming.

We recently discovered that the property is covered with native fruits and nuts such as grapes, plums, dewberries, pecans and black walnuts.

We were wondering if there are any markets for selling the fruits for winemaking, jellies, etc.. Based on the number of vines and trees that are budding with the fruit pods, it seems that we are going to have a WHOLE LOT of fruit.

Any feedback, comments or ideas on what we might do would be greatly appreciated.

Robert Phipps
Arbor Vitae Ara
972-351-4710

  • [Market-farming] Wild plums, grapes and dewberries!, RLP2000, 04/22/2004