market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] tomato training and sunflowers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: bob111higgins AT comcast.net
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] tomato training and sunflowers
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 03:33:14 +0000

Interesting discussion. I had been planning on trialing a small plot of giant
sunflowers (25 x 25)to dry and sell to bird enthusiasts in the fall, maybe at
50 cents per head. Does anyone know if the sunflowers' alleopathic (sp?)
effect will continue into next season's crop rotation in that patch? If so I
will have to rethink this idea. Thanks.

Bob Higgins
Red Brick Farm
Hopewell, NJ