market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: first market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: nancy a parker <nan3russ AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: first market
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:50:56 -0500

Courtney, if allowed be sure to have all your prices very visible. People
hate to ask the price.
Keep in mind that price is not everything at a market. Old customers
will buy from certain vendors no matter how much cheaper you may be. It
takes time to build up a rapport with customers, but once you do they are
very loyal. I have people buy from me every week, when I know they don't
want or need something,just out of loyalty. It is a great way to make new
friends, and market your business at home base. Lots of folks prefer to
pick up at your location if possible.
Just some thoughts, but have fun. It's a great social outlet.
Nancy Parker
Sulphur Hill Farm Gardens
Fort Wayne, Indiana
nan3russ AT juno.com