market-farming - Re: [Market-farming]was organic flowers- Eggplant

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: IdleThymeFarm AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming]was organic flowers- Eggplant
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 17:43:49 EDT

We do not have many bugs in Wyoming but flea beetles have there family reuninions here at least three times a year! I have had limited success with Garlic Oil Spray (from Neptune's). The things that bring me the most success are planting radishes everywhere and row cover. They love the radishes and tend to leave the other stuff alone. They just plain can't get into row cover so that works the best for Arugula and things that I harvest the leaves of. Other companion plantings have not been successful for me with flea beetles.

Shelly Elliott
Idle Thyme Farm

www.IdleThymeFarms.com

A place where time stands still, where back to nature is simply a way of life!