market-farming - [Market-farming] Alternative to Frontline

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Farr - The Chile Man <rbfarr AT erols.com>
  • To: Market Farming Discussion Group <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Alternative to Frontline
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 20:22:33 -0400

Greetings, All!

We have two dogs on our organic farm (in Loudoun County, Virginia), and
both, of course, get lots of ticks. Both have had Lyme disease in the
past two years.

We've never felt good about using Frontline, an organophosphate, but
when we didn't use it, they got Lyme.

My Lab really hates it - naturally. It makes him sick and very
aggressive for a couple days. And I don't want to use it at all.

Can anyone recommend a safe (and preferably organic) alternative.

I need to walk the walk on this one - but still protect my beasts.

Thanks much!!!

--
Robert Farr
The Chile Man

* A sustainable farm producing hot sauce marinades, salsas, mustards,
and barbecue.
* Subscribe to our online newsletter at http://www.thechileman.com
* Check out this article about us from The Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/style/food/A8659-2001Jul17.html
* Open Houses and Farm Tours throughout the year. See our web site for
details!