market-farming - RE: [Market-farming]was organic flowers- Eggplant

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming]was organic flowers- Eggplant
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 08:00:01 -0500

Ah yes, well, we have flea beetles, and thought they LIKE all nightshades,
they will take eggplant to the bare stems. I've tried all the soft stuff,
and have been told that beneficial nematodes introduced through the
irrigation will work, but eggplant just isn't a popular enough (profitable
enough) vegetable here in southern Kentucky to go to the trouble. Too many
more profitable things (like flowers) to grow on our very limited acreage.

Alison