market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Organic flowers and a few words on comfrey

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Carol Larsen" <sunborn AT mhtc.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Organic flowers and a few words on comfrey
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:07:43 -0500

When we first moved to the country, young and new to growing things 30 years
ago, my husband ordered hundreds of comfrey plants due to an article in
Organic Farming or Mother Jones or something like that. We wanted to feed it
to our goats. Couple of years later we heard that it was not a good herb to
take internally and stopped feeding it to them I see now it would have made
a great carbon ingredient in a compost pile but it just took up too much
room - it is a humongous plant- for what I wanted to do.
This year will tell the tale to see if it is really gone.
I contacted Jolly Bob plug growers and they say that they are not organic
growers but that they are thinking about it. It seems to me that it is a lot
easier to grow organic than it is to get certified. I'm frustrated with the
process.
Carol Larsen
Sunborn Gardens
608 437 3966

  • [Market-farming] Re: Organic flowers and a few words on comfrey, Carol Larsen, 04/12/2004