market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Re: Raising organic flowers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Re: Raising organic flowers
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 11:33:27 -0500

Regards to the list:

Besides farming, I make wedding cakes. The trend these days is to have
fresh flowers on the cake instead of ones made with icing. I cringe
when florists poke stems into the cake icing unless they are organic
flowers. I warn my brides about insecticides in non-organic flowers and
suggest their florists use plastic protectors, but it seems to go in one
ear and out the other.

Marie in Missouri
www.strawberrylanefarm.com