market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Alice Waters/Andrew Weil

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Matt Cheselka <cheselka AT freestateproject.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Alice Waters/Andrew Weil
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 19:48:06 -0600 (CST)

I've watched the Alice Waters show again (I've got it recorded of course)
and one of the more striking statements came near the beginning of the
show. They were talking about how Alice Waters was influenced by her trip
to France. When she came back to America with the idea of starting a
retaurant, she found that she *couldn't* make the wonderful french food
becuase not only did some of the igredients not exist, but the quality
ingredients didn't exist either.

I think this is a very strong and important point that small growers can
make to our customers. Not only does our stuff taste good on their own
(I'm sure we all graze when we're out minding our beds), but high-quality
building-blocks make for high-quality dishes at the dinner table.

So does anyone think that it's a coincidence that Alice Waters and Andrew
Weil have the same initials? LOL!

Matt Cheselka
Cosmic Lettuce