market-farming - [Market-farming] Alice Waters/Andrew Weil

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Alice Waters/Andrew Weil
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:06:58 -0800 (PST)

> Has anyone else seen the show 'American Experience' on PBS about Alice
> Waters? It's people like her, what she does, what she says, that makes me
> want EVEN MORE to grow, grow, grow veggies! Wowee, wow, wow, wow!!!

Ahhh Alice Waters...one of the original movers and shakers in the Organic
Movement! The incredible thing here is the national attention on PBS.
Just saw another PBS ahow with Dr. Andrew Weil who stated a list of
supermarket veggies to avoid for chemical toxicity. We're growing
everything on his list...organically of course. He also stresses the
importance of locally grown organics with soul. It's the national
publicity that's doubling the # of sucessful Farmers Markets.
Sora at Paradise Valley Organics