market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: organic tobacco and Nicole, my neighbor

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mayapple Farm and Gardens <mayapplefarm AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: organic tobacco and Nicole, my neighbor
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:08:24 -0800 (PST)

I've not posted in a long while, and am guilty of
allowing several volumes of the digest to accumulate
before I delete them without reading, but am getting
back into the vegetable groove with the approach and
(hopeful?) arrival of spring.

Allison, those growers that are growing organic
tobacco, to whom are they selling? I grew a
conventional crop last year for the first time in
about 25 years, about January was wondering why the
hell I did it, but now the unpleasant memory of the
dread of cold feet and hands and hours of stripping
fading quickly. I would like to buy in a small
allotment and not sell to Phillip Morris.

Nicole, I've been thinking about you all and wondering
how #3 is doing these days? Did you all know that
Nicole had a baby several months ago? Are you
interested in goat milk? I've got three does ready to
explode any day now and need a good excuse to milk.

Kevin

=====
Krystyna L. Prochocki
Kevin L. Strohmeier