market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Farmers' Mkt.Vending Rules

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: rjweeks70 AT comcast.net
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Farmers' Mkt.Vending Rules
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:36:24 +0000

It's worth noting here that at least in California, farmer's markets are
certified by the state, and each grower who sells at markets much have a
"producer's certificate" from your local county ag department stating
what/where/how much you grow of each item.

Markets are inspected at least once a year. This is my second year and I've
seen inspectors three times at three different markets, so they do try and
keep things regulated. Still, I don't think they inspect your actual farm to
see if you're growing what your certificate says.

Roger Weeks