market-farming - [Market-farming] Scott's garden

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <ghf AT townisp.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Scott's garden
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:53:25 -0500

Nice web page. Your raised beds are two concrete blocks high, is there a
thin layer of someother kind of block on top? I don't see the holes one
sees in concrete block.
I ordered 3 hops vines. My son has just got into homebrewing. So far he's
made 3 batches with "kits". Only drank one so far Oatmeal Stout very good.
We are in the middle of Maple Syrup season and we've been ready recipes
using maple syrup and maple sap. He thinks he'll try the maple sap (not
boiled yet) first in that both recipes take 5 gal. 5 gal of sap is way less
valuable (for us to sell) than 5 gal. of good syrup.
I have some cooking grade syrup in freezer think I'll let him have that, for
a good cause :).
Beth
A picture if
> >my garden can be found at
> >http://hometown.aol.com/differentpiper/myhomepage/index.html
>
> What beautiful neat, tidy raised beds! Nice job!

  • [Market-farming] Scott's garden, Hook Family, 03/16/2004