market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Anyone here grow and sell raisins, other dried fruit?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: avalonfarmshomegrown AT earthlink.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Anyone here grow and sell raisins, other dried fruit?
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:23:05 -0500

>Hi Pat,
>Are tomatoes a fruit or vegetable? Just kidding. We do dry our pesticide
>free hydroponic tomatoes and although I wouldn't have a years supply until
>sometime in April, would be willing if you are interested.

They're a vegetable.... <g> I have a dehydrator too and I
grow tomatoes: so I have plenty of dried tomatoes without
having to buy them.

Thanks anyway!

>When we did our
>business plan we didn't for see dried tomatoes as part of our product mix,
>but they have become a relatively popular item at the farm market.

They're expensive to buy, and I was really surprised how
much better the home-dried tomatoes are than commercial ones
- the ones I dried are really nice.

That's OK Brigitte, I can look for it online myself.

Thanks,
Pat
--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY