market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Anyone here grow and sell raisins, other dried fruit?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Brigette Leach" <avalonfarmshomegrown AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Anyone here grow and sell raisins, other dried fruit?
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:18:32 -0500

Hi Pat,
Are tomatoes a fruit or vegetable? Just kidding. We do dry our pesticide
free hydroponic tomatoes and although I wouldn't have a years supply until
sometime in April, would be willing if you are interested. When we did our
business plan we didn't for see dried tomatoes as part of our product mix,
but they have become a relatively popular item at the farm market. Keeps me
and the dehydrator busy (as if I needed something to do with my spare
time). I also know that the health food store in Kalamazoo sells a variety
of dried fruits and veggies (organic) from what used to be "Just Tomatoes".
I don't know if they still go by that name. I'll check for a website and
the label info when I go to the store next week and get back to you ASAP.
Good luck in your search.
Brigette

Brigette Leach
avalonfarmshomegrown AT earthlink.net
Avalon Farms Premium Homegrown
Climax MI 49034
Have you checked out our "Share of the Farm"? Contact us for more
information.