market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Gooseberries & Elderberries

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Gooseberries & Elderberries
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:35:25 -0500

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:47:25 -0500, you wrote:

>And if anyone sells fresh or frozen gooseberries or elderberries, I'd
>like some!
>
>Prob. could use 500 lbs. of gooseberries and 1,000 lbs. of elderberries.

Agway sells frozen gooseberries in its spring/fall truckload
sale of frozen food. People order ahead for this sale, then
have to pick up their food on a given day when the
tractor-trailer truck will be at their local store. This is
the only place I have ever seen gooseberries for sale in the
USA.

Agway is a feed/farm supply store in the northeastern USA.

Maybe they have an equivalent where you are?

The frozen gooseberries are great, I love them! We've
planted gooseberry bushes, so in due course I hope to grown
our own.

Last fall, my husband went to get our food from the
truckload sale. It's sold in 10-lb cases. We had ordered
one case of gooseberries. The truck driver told my husband
that he wanted to meet the person who ordered the
gooseberries - he had over 1200 cases of food in his truck
and only ONE case of gooseberries! I wonder if they'll
continue offering them at that rate.

Cheers,
Pat

--