market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] new farm website

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Steve Sando" <steve AT mrlucky.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] new farm website
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:57:59 -0800

>>That is an attractive website. Very classy. Thanks for sending the link.
And Steve's is also aesthetically pleasing.
Great color combinations.
You've inspired me to revise my own ... as if I need another thing on my
to-do list ;-)<<

Thanks to you and Sean and everyone else. A website, as we've discussed a
lot in the past, is a great cheap way to promote and define who you are.

Sean, I like the way you've made your site look modern and natural. Very
nice!

Pat, I think it was Sean who had the carrot pics, not me.

One hint I've found re the website- DO IT NOW. Despite all your efforts,
it's next to impossible to do in the middle of the season. And you look
silly promising a neat website and then never delivering. I suggest a good
image-defining site that needs little maintenence and then create a mailing
list (as Sean and I have done) so you can send out specials. I include
recipes, which bore me silly, but the customers seems to love. I notice some
of them will buy exactly what I say in the recipe, so I've learned to
specify my varieties rather than keep things generic. The newsletter is also
great for announcing new markets and letting people know if you have to miss
one. And after a winter of leeks and beets, it's great to annouce new
veggies as they come in season. I find doing this on a website very
cumbersome.

My 2 cents. Now I have to update my site AND get out a newlsetter!

Steve

Steve Sando
www.ranchogordo.com
New World Specialty Food