market-farming - [Market-farming] High Tunnel

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] High Tunnel
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:18:06 -0600

Our high tunnel (20' x 96' w/ 5' sidewalls), from Stuppy's, is on the
trailer awaiting erection (where are those elves?) The soil is finally
drying after our 6" rain last week and, if no rain tonight, we might get to
start on it tomorrow. I have tomatoes that are really anxious to get into
the soil - the greenhouse just isn't hacking it, not to mention broccoli,
cabbage, etc. - all intended for the new high tunnel. I can't wait! And
Allison and Paul were the inspiration (or cause?) - we'll see.

Joan
Windwalker Farm
Ottawa, Kansas