market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Staking tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Windsoap AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Staking tomatoes
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:50:13 EST

In a message dated 2/12/04 3:13:48 PM Pacific Standard Time, IdleThymeFarm AT aol.com writes:

highway fence to make my tomato cages and I find a 55 gallon drum liner fits

We got some of that plastic that is used to wrap pallets to hold the boxes on - kinda like heavy duty glad wrap, sticks to itself.  Got ours at the moving & storage place, also avail at the farmers market supply and at Associated Bag. www.associatedbag.com   We got it to keep the chickens from munching on the plants, but it will also protect young plants from wind and, to some extent, cold.
Wendy Akin
Akin Farm
Texas